Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Profile - mk4me

Hi, this is mk4me and I am a MK director for 13 years now. I live in a small town and it is very rural and I must yield for Amish buggies on occassion. Prior to MK, I worked mega hours as a Corp. Accountant/Business Financial Analyst (salaried). My kids were being raised by the babysitter and some nights, I didn't even see them before they went to sleep. A very tragic personal event, opened my eyes and I saw we don't know how much time we have in life and my priorities were really messed up. I wanted more time with my kids so I went from parttime MKer basically personal use to a car driver in four months and two months later became a director. It took me a few months as a director before I was confident enough in myself to give my notice, but I did and I never regretted it. I never knew anything but selling the product. Production has never been an issue in our unit. Recruiting is secondary. I love this Company and I love the fact it gives me the opportunity to earn good money and have very flexible hours. I love being able to put the kids on the bus in the morning, be there when they get home from school, and volunteer to chaperone the Cheerleading competitions, field trips etc..and with a 3rd shift hubby, I get to see him!

I have met incredible people that I never would have had the opportunity to meet if it weren't for MK.

Some of the things I have accomplished in Mk, Monthly Company Director Go-Give, Court of Sales 12x, Court of Recruiting 5x, Star Consultant 13 years straight, 1 Triple Star Achievment, 4 Double Star Achievment, Unit Clubs, and just finished qualifying for the 7th Company Car and other stuff.

I know MK is not for everyone but I love what I do and it works for my family and our lifestyle.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations MK4ME, obviously you are a very solid working director with your priorities in order.

    Takes a special person to do that.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MK4ME, it sounds like your philosophies are just like my director, her senior director, my NSD's, and the other director's we meet with from time to time. Even when my director and her senior are in "growth mode" the focus is NOT recruiting; it is FACES and SALES. It makes it fun for all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks free and shades, the other thing I like to do, is when we run contests, is to focus more on the activity, then the results. With enough activity, the results will follow.

    When I became a director, it wasn't to be a top or million dollar director, it was to have income and flexibility. I don't need to be a millionaire, I am not wealthy but we are comfortable. NSD is not a focus right now because family and kids are more important right now. Once the kids graduate, my focus may change, and if I make NSD great, if not oh well. It would be nice but that was not my original intent so I am getting out of MK exactly what I wanted and love what I do.

    My hubby always tells me, how lucky I am to be doing something that I enjoy so much. When we got the info on selecting the next car, he shook his head and said I have been at x -company for 20 years and all we got was a lecture last night on working harder because of the cuts they were going to be making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love activity focused contests! I may give up my NSD here, but I love what she has for us. She does Pacesetters. We have a spreadsheet that we tally our activities on and we get points for each activity. For instance, we get 50 points for scheduling a class or facial; we get 1000 points for each class we hold; 500 points for each facial we hold; 200 points for each event attended; 25 points for each MK tape/cd we listen to; 500 points for every 25 business cards we hand out. We get points for RETAIL sold as well as wholesale ordered. You get the idea. I love it because I can choose what I want to work on and still earn points in the program. She does a monthly conference call and if we earn 4000 points and sell enough to order $200 w/s in the month, we earn the call. I don't focus so much on the call as I do on completing the activities. :) I like that we get the most points for holding appointments and bringing guests to our events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no desire whatsoever to be a director. But if that ever changes, Mk4me, I would want to be the kind of director that it sounds like you are. :) It's nice to have something of an MK hero...even if I don't know who you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kare, (blushing) thank you very much. Your kind words do mean alot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mk4me -

    You are an inspiration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com