In keeping with the already excellent flow of conversation going the last few days, let us talk about the fence.
They* say, "The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side of the fence". Anyone find this to be true in your life? I know I do. All the time. I have one job but I go for the "better one" and discover that it may have actually been better at the first one! I move (one apartment to another) only to discover that perhaps the first one was a better deal! I sell my old car and buy another one only to discover how much I loved the old faithful one that I knew so well.
So the "fence" we talk about here has to do with Mary Kay. Almost everyone here has been on the "outside looking in" and made the move to the Mary Kay side of the fence. Some have then moved back to the other side, and some (ahem Shay!) are getting ready to go back to the MK side.
The questions tonight (this morning) are:
1. At this point in your life which side are you on - and is the grass greener where you are?
2. Do you feel that those in Mary Kay use the greener grass appeal to attract new recruits?
3. Do you feel that they OVER use it?
4. Do you feel that some people "fake it 'till they convince you that it is great"?
5. Considering that a sour, frustrated, always complaining salesperson will not attract anyone - and an overly hyped, eternally positive, "see no negative" salesperson will inevitably convey a dishonest perception of the opportunity; to what point is it healthy to ignore the negative and accentuate the positive and at what point does it become deceptive?
6. How do you personally deal with the disappointment of discovering that your new "greener grass grazing" is not so green after all? (Can be anything, not necessarily Mary Kay)
You don't have to answer all, just the ones that strike you as worth discussing, and as always, please keep the conversation lively and friendly. No one here should be trying to hurt you, so if you feel attacked, say so. Most likely they will back off, and if not, everyone else will come to your rescue... regardless of which "side" you are on.
Time to go jump the fence... again!
For Further Reading...This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: email@example.com