Wednesday, May 13, 2009
100 IDEAS TO USE IN YOUR BUSINESS
Sorry gang, I have an all day business expo tomorrow, it is always so much fun, but I didn't want to go without a post. So here is a list I had in my files, some of the ideas are great, others, I probably wouldn't try but others might. Some may give you a thought that you can expand on to make it your own. Be creative - add comments or add other ideas. -Ideas, Ideas, more Ideas!!
100 WAYS TO WORK YOUR BUSINESS!!
1. Invest in a Mary Kay WebSite. Then Advertise it!! Click here
2. Place current and prospective clients on the company PCP program.
3. Send a catalog to a co-worker that as moved.
4. Ask your hairdresser to place your business cards at her station.
5. Post a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school click here
6. Post a catalog in the employee lunch room.
7. Hold an open house. Click here
8. Have a get to know you party with your neighbor's.
9. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and/or local newspaper.
10. Give a catalog to the receptionist at your doctor's or dentist's office.
11. Include a Business Card or flyer with your bill payments.
12. Place ad's in the local high schools newsletters giving specials for prom, winter ball, etc makeovers. Click here for flyer
13. Put current catalog or business cards in your neighbor's door. Include a coupon.
14. Ask friends to have a show.
15. Advertise in your church bulletin.
16. Contact local school cheerleading squad coaches.
17. Host an office party or brunch.
18. Host a show before or during a PTA meeting.
19. Mail out samples, catalogs and a wish list.
20. Advertise at pre-schools for the working mom.
21. Get a list from Welcome Wagon. New people may be looking for a consultant or a new job in this area.
22. Set up a display at a craft fair.
23. Have your husband or significant order promote at work.
24. When sending emails have your website within your signature.
25. Hold a Christmas Shopping Show for men (or for Mother's Day)
26. Offer a Christmas wish list to your guest and then call the gift giver and tell him or her what the guest wants.
27. Set up a display at a mall.
28. Have an answering machine and have it state your business.
29. Wear your Mary Kay pin.
30. Use Mary Kay checks on your personnel account.
31. Ask past hostesses at shows to talk about their free products.
32. When visiting out of town family bring Mary Kay samples and brochures.
33. Encourage frequent customers to regularly plan shows.
34. Encourage relatives to book a show. Click here
35. Build a before & after Portfolio
36. When flying place brochures in the pocket seat with your phone number only.
37. Conduct Skin Care Surveys click here for survey cards
38. Start an E-mail address book of customers who want to know what the monthly specials are, don't forget to mention the hostess specials.
39. Contact local church youth groups to contact girl nights (churches usually buy gifts up front for girls attending i.e. wrapped nail polish & lip gloss)
40. If taking the train leave brochures with your phone number.
41. Give out your business card to anyone that helps you.
42. Give products as gifts or donations.
43. Go to local dance schools to set up displays or advertise.
44. Have a display at job fairs.
45. Contact schools and see if they have advertising within their parent newsletters to off set cost.
46. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses
47. If you live near where the Airlines Headquarters are contact them in regards to doing glamour training with stewards.
48. Go to motivational seminars and network.
49. Always have baggies with samples to Pass out (don't forget to include your business card)
50. Have you and your family members wear MK T-shirts or sweatshirts.
51. Go to health spas (most have vendors come in once a month to set up)
52. Go to hotels and offer the staff a quick make-over on their breaks (the mgr could offer as appreciation)
53. Leave your brochures in doctor , dentist, beauty salons.
54. Join your Chamber of Commerce.
55. Display at health fairs connected within corporations, this is a great way to show skin care and sun products.
56. Do a Fragrance Survey click here for survey cards
57. Do a silent hostess program with an out of town friend or relative.
58. Host your own show. Could even be a fundraiser for your favorite charity.
59. Contact your local Girl Scouts.
60. Birthday Leads click here
61. Call local hospitals and offer to do pampering sessions in the break room during nurse appreciation week.
62. Take a Satin Hands recipe to every potluck.
63. Go to bridal fairs.
64. Get brides out of the newspaper.
65. Give a client, friend or relative 10 brochures to pass on to others.
66. Call past hostesses and ask for referrals give an incentive.
67. Do appreciation days at places of businesses.
68. New Mom's
69. Set up display tables with drawings in clothing stores.
70. Have a booth at a school fair.
71.Contact local businesses to be the vendor to supply gifts to their best clents.
72. Ladies Clubs
73. Do fragrance surveys.
74. Send a catalog to your Tupperware, Discovery Toys, etc. reps or exchange shows.
75. Bring flyers with gift ideas to local firehouses
76. Girl Parties Click here
77. Follow through on every booking lead.
78. Go to local hospitals and give out samples to Nurses.
79.Bring goodie bags to bank tellers.
80. Professional Women Click here
81. Call your Realtor with suggestion of Mary Kay new home gift packages
82. Do a Web Class. click here
83. Place up flyers in apartment laundry rooms. click here for flyer
84. Have a Referral Club
85. Random mailings. Open a phone book and randomly choose businesses or residences in the area.
86. Do a fishbowl drawing in local businesses:
87. Ask friends, family or clients to place your brochures within their break rooms.
88. Set up in a Bridal Shop
89. Put an ask me about Mary Kay button on your purse or coat.
90. Leave your business card with your tip for the waiter.
91. Remember the 3ft rule, hand your business card out to anyone that is in 3 feet of you.
92. Play Tic-Tac-Toe
93. Have you and your family members wear MK T-shirts or sweatshirts.
94. Offer a bridal registry
95. Do a join open house with other in home business.
96. Referral by Friend
97. Put the Mary Kay logo on your car.
98. Do Lipstick Surveys click here for supporting doc
99. Ask you manicurist if you can place business cards at her station.
100. Brochures placed in Bridal Shops.
(credited to Director J. Myhre)
For Further Reading...This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: email@example.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: firstname.lastname@example.org