Friday, January 9, 2009

Pink Truth: Mary Kay Lady said mean things about Pink Truth... I wonder if it has anything to do with them saying mean things about her?

Pink Truth gets bashed for bashing Mary Kay... and posts the letter as though they are shocked

Please feel free to comment as always, but allow me to muse for just one second.

It seems to me, and this is coming from a person that is not typically "this way", that there are people who simply see things as black and white. Plain and simple. You are this or you are that.

It seems Pink Truth is (for the most part) convinced that Mary Kay = Fraud & Deception.

It seems that the Pink Truth "haters" are convinced that anyone who did not succeed in Mary Kay needs to "get with the program" and move on.

While this is all very interesting, it does very little to "prove" anything.

I don't have time to get into it now, but I find it very interesting that, typically, people who are on opposite sides of a disagreement will not concede even the points that they can clearly see are not "absolute" for fear of losing their ground.

Case in point, Pink Truth. Clearly not everyone in Mary Kay is scamming women the way they would have people believe they are. In fact, with just a little common sense, it is evident that the chances are good that it is not even a majority of women in Mary Kay that engage in the behavior that Pink Truth claims to be warring against.

However, their "position" in the (for lack of a better word) argument would be perceptively weaker if they were to admit that they are aware of this.

You can see the same unwillingness to concede 'points' in many of the most heated political, social and economic debates that inundate our daily lives. Homosexuality, Abortion, Theism/Atheism, Creation/Evolution, Liberal/Conservative, etc.

Take creation vs. evolution. Clearly, no one knows (in the empirical proof sense of the word) how all this got here. Whether you are a scientist or a theist, you are forced to believe... and that is an important distinction from know.

However, neither of those sides will concede that they don't know. For fear, I suppose, that the other side will say, "Ah ha, than I must be right, for I know."

It is, for me, always sad to see this.

I guess I say all that to say that Pink Truth makes me sad.

3 comments:

  1. sad, just sad

    The problem is there is no way to tell who on Pink Truth really did try to work their business and who did not. Nobody really knows except the person doing the writing. So you cant label everyone over there lazy, just as they cant say that all of us are in debt, cant sell this product and taking advantage of women who sign up with us. I have never claimed that they ALL were lazy and did not try.

    It stands to reason that there are SOME over there who did not work this business the right way, either out of being lazy or just poorly trained, just as there are SOME of us who are misleading people and not representing this company the way MK intended. This is not a new opinion for me, I have always felt this way. But it bothers me that some of the ladies on PT cant accept or see their flaws, eventhough we can see the companies flaws and admit to the changes that need to be made. That does not mean that we believe the whole company is corrupt like PT does, but we readily admit that their are a few bad apples.

    And then there are the ones that have never even sold MK that have more opinions that those that have sold it for years.

    Sometimes I just wish that some of them would sign back up under a better director and see that you can have a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much want to believe that there are more than just a handful of women who actually do make decent money in MK without frontloading, overstocking themselves, running themselves ragged, etc. I want to believe that mk4me is not the only director out there with honesty and business acumen. I just haven't *seen* these people, while I have seen a lot of women blatantly Doing It Wrong.

    I also think that the system really is stacked against the consultants. The super-tight restrictions on advertising and sales locations seem absurd to me. It looks to me as though those who succeed in MK are doing so in spite of, not because of the MK system. And that, I think, is what bothers me the most about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To some extent I think that the statement "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" applies to this situation. Directors doing it wrong and hurting people are going to create angry ex-consultants, angry people tend to be more vocal about dissatisfaction than happy people are to be vocal about satisfaction.

    One will not complain when there is nothing to complain about. I can assure all our readers that I am not the only director that tries to be the most honest, ethical human being I can possibly be. I just try to be the best me I can be.

    It angers me as a member of Mary Kay when I see a director doing things a way I don't think has a consultants best interests at heart especially if she is "super hot" and bringing in the big commission checks... have I had fleeting thoughts of ... if I "sold" full start up inventories maybe I would be doing what she is doing... and then my ethics kick in and I realize - I can be proud of how I operate, I can look at myself in the mirror and be proud of who I see, and I can sleep at night (well not really) but not because of guilt or remorse. I know that I want the best for each and every one of my unit members and would not sabotage them to move ahead myself. Will I ever be able to make it to National?? I don't know but if/when I do, I will know I didn't leave a trail of devastion behind me.

    and just from watching history - those that tend to do it big and fast tend not to last. I have witnessed a couple of directors that have been "hot" and wanting to go National, in my opinion they both function with the burn and churn mentality. Over the last 1 -2 years, I have watched them loose more directors than they have gained because they are building weak directors and units based way more on recruiting than selling. What puzzles me is why they don't realize if they went back to operating the way Mary Kay intended the Company to be run they would be far better off. Obviously to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results, is well not logical.

    ReplyDelete

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com