- New job
- New car
- New marriage
- New business
- New shoes
- New jewelry
- New school
- New house
- New apartment
Whenever someone starts something new, he/she runs into 2 groups of people: the happy and the jaded.
When you start a new job, you find 2 groups:
- "Hey! Glad to meet you! You are going to love it here!"
- "First day, huh? Wait 'til you've been here a while. You'll hate it."
New marriage? Two groups:
- "Newlyweds? Wonderful! Those first few years are so much fun! But after a while, you'll enjoy how comfortable you are with each other. That's even better!"
- "Newlyweds? Sorry to hear that. You have no idea what you are in for. I wish I had never gotten married."
New house? Once again.....
- "Oh, you just bought a house? Great! Sure beats paying rent every month, doesn't it?"
- "You just bought a house? Hahahahaha. Hope you like having to pay for all of the repairs and taxes yourself. It sucks."
And so on....
Even if someone still enjoys the job, marriage, etc., after many years, the relationship or enjoyment level changes. The first blush of excitement passes and a more comfortable enjoyment begins. It is familiar, pleasant.
For those who become disenchanted when "the polish is off of the apple," it can be a time of resentment, anger or disappointment.
How would you describe your MK experience? Has it evolved into a pleasant, easygoing relationship? Is it still new to you? Is it a past "relationship" that you don't like to think about?