Today, they posted an event called Chicagorama. Here is the copy they posted.
I just love January! First off, I get to go someplace warm every year (warm and sunny Houston this time)) with my Mary Kay girlfriends! Secondly, I get to participate in the best Director planned workshop in the entire country- that's Chicagorama and you need to be there!!! How do I know it's the best??? Corporate MK thinks so too and we are known nationwide for this!! The best part is you get to go and start your New Year with a BANG!!
Picture this: The holidays are over and so are you! Over tired, over fed, over spent and maybe your clothes are over tight! You are thinking that you really need to get going with your MK but you feel sluggish because of the 'over' syndrome! Not to worry because you have a ticket to Chicagorama and you know it's going to be great! You can hear the exciting music and you picture yourself in the Red Jacket March as you enter the room to the Applause of the Chicago Directors and your sister consultants!! You wave madly as you cross the stage and pose quickly while I snap your picture.
Wow- here are the NSD's Sandy Miller and Pam Ross and after reading their bios (BELOW), you couldn't wait to hear them speak!! Mary Kay multi-MILLIONAIRES telling you you can do it too! You are really pumped and ready for some training on the basics- booking, coaching, selling and recruiting. You can't wait for that one idea that is going to help your skin care class slaes double and wrap up this Seminar Year! The day is flying by and you can't believe it's one o'clock and time for lunch with your frineds! After lunch, it's back in the ballroom again for some excitement and motivation! What a day! Time to leave but you know you can do anything! Now you have captured a new dream for you and your family and you are ready to start the year with a BANG! !
Sounds great, doesn't it!! Well, it is. You'll want to register NOW because it will sell out- it does every year and I have to get the tickets in by Nov. 30th. I will only order a ticket for you if I have your check, so mail it to me or bring it to the meeting ASAP. See the attached flier in this email for all the details. You can go on Friday January 11th OR Saturday January 12th. Friday tickets are $40 and Saturday tickets are $50. Both include a wonderful hot luncheon with a yummy dessert. There are headsets available for Spanish classes too. More details to follow in December, but for now, we have to order tickets before they sell out.
As far as the dinner goes, you must attend Chicagorama in order to attend the dinner. Everyone can attend day classes, but you must qualify for the wonderful, semi-formal dinner! The dinner has qualifications that must be met by the end of the quarter- Dec. 15th:
$1800 wholesale and 2 ($600 qualifed recruits) OR
$2400 wholesale and 1 ($600 qualified recruit) OR
The dinner has been described as making consultants feel like they are in a fairy tale. Picture wearing your most exquisite dress and walking into a beautifully decorated room with your significant other. You feel so happy, you just know you are walking on air. You dine on surf and turf- yuuuuummmm and it's FREE!! Your guy is so excited that you earned the dinner and so proud of you that he just can't stop smiling. Oooh la la! They just brought in the desert!! Wow!! Don't worry about the calories; you plan to work them off with all your bookings! It's almost time to cross the stage. There you go..... It was wonderful................Such a magical evening and YOU were there!!! It was awesome to see you there and celebrate your success!!
Get your ticket and set a goal to be among the elite winners at the dinner! I WANT YOU TO BE THERE WITH ME!!!
Sounds like it could be a good time to me... But PT in predictable fashion has the following complaints.
1. You have to buy $1800-$3,000 worth of product so it is not free
2. The food is not any good
3. The post has spelling errors.
I simply must ask... again... because they have complained.... again...
1. Do you guys not understand the concept of incentives? You are supposed to SELL that much product, not just buy it. Buying that much product with no intention of selling it just so that you can attend a recognition dinner IS a bad idea. Whether your director cares what you do with that product or not doesn't even enter this equation. The intent of this is OBVIOUSLY that you are SELLING at this level, not BUYING.
2. I have been to events (in MK) where the food is excellent. I don't know what the food is like at this event. I guess this may be a valid complaint... not exactly 'the evil corporation at work' but valid.
3. ummmm.... are you really going to go after spelling? MK is evil and you should run the other way because they don't know how to spell? Have you read some of the posts and comments on your site? On my site? I know that some people (myself included) can't look past spelling errors easily. But this is not really evidence of MK being a bad experience. It is more like an side whisper to an equally nerdy friend at the event that you are enjoying yourself at. (psst. by the way, did you notice that she said 'desert' instead of 'dessert' hee hee)
For anyone that has never planned an event, please listen carefully.
Planning an event (especially as big as this one) is a lot of work. It takes time, thought and effort. The fact that someone is interested enough in your success to create an event like this should be cause for appreciation. If it doesn't "do it for you", don't go. If you are not at the level of sales that would earn you the reward, don't go into debt to earn something that is not yours. If you have ideas for what would make it better, recommend it to the director.
Why do I have a problem with Pink Truth? Because they call this evidence. Evidence that Mary Kay is out to get you. This is evidence that they are trying to help you. They are investing in you.