Hubby and I recently bought a new car - a black Ford Explorer.
Before I bought one, I never realized how many people actually have a black Ford Explorer. Now that I have one, I see them everywhere (especially in parking lots - when I am trying to find my car!).
Mary Kay is a lot like that. You see what you look for.
I have seen some anti-MK sites say things like:
- "It's next to impossible to get women to book and hold classes..."
- "There are no retail customers for MK."
- "No one makes money in MK."
[Many of these comments have been refuted on this blog already, but that is not the point of this post. :o)]
- If you walk around thinking that no one will book and hold a class, then that is what will happen.
- If you think that no one pays retail for MK, then that will be your experience.
- If you believe no one makes money in MK, then you probably won't make money in MK.
The term "self-fulfilling prophecy" certainly applies here.