Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy MK New Year!!


Well, I guess most of us in MK Land realize our fiscal year ended June 30th @ 12:00 central time. All yearly items we track, return to zero - so it is time to start anew. A suggestion I have is not to just set another goal and dive forward in to it but to look at what you wanted to achieve last year, did you achieve it? Were you close to it? Did you track your progress through out the year or did you wait until the last minute and try to make up the better part of the year?

Whether or not you achieved the complete goal or not is not as important as if you consistently worked towards it. Goals are to have you looking forward - to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Ultimately having a goal and working towards it, will get you farther than working without a goal. It is just highly important to evaluate your actions and your results so that adjustments can be made if you have not chosen the best route to attain your goal. Goals are not evil. There is no shame in not achieving a goal as long as you put forth the effort.

When setting a goal, you want to make yourself stretch and grow if one sets a goal they know is "easy" to do, it really isn't a goal and no growth will be had. It is also wise to have a "larger" goal but have smaller ones as markers along the way, a way of tracking your journey. Looking like you achieved your goal and actually achieving it are not the same thing. Putting forth your best efforts but falling short of your goal is still something to stand tall and hold your head high about. Accepting praise for a goal you know did not actually obtain is going to result in a loss of self respect and self esteem. Which in turn will begin a downward spiral.

I set some big goals this year, I am pleased to have accomplished 2 out of the 3 of them. I would have been happier to have attained all three but .. hey.. I gave it a respectable try and faking it or buying it doesn't mean the goal was achieved. Had I not had any goals, I can assure you, I wouldn't have accomplished what I did.

I often explain to my unit that a large goal and smaller goals to measure progress are much like any of us going on a trip. If I wanted to go to Disney World and lived in Texas... I wouldn't jump in my car and just start driving (unless I had onstar, which I do, lol). I would have a plan, I would have a map, and I would have a route that I planned on taking to get there. Without these tools, I would aimlessly drive around and the chances are I would never make it to my destination. And that is kind of what Mary Kay (or just about anything in life) is like without a goal.

So I encourage everyone to set a goal - don't worry about how it compares to other's goals, make it your goal and then work towards it. Liken the smaller goals to rest stops or gas stations that you would have on your trip to Disney World.

I would love to hear from some of you on what your Mary Kay goal is.. but I also encourage you to work with goals in other areas of your life. I will share that my goal this year is Triple Star - that would be Court of Sales, Court of Sharing, and Unit Club.

In closing, always remember that "wishing" isn't going to make it happen - "working" will. Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

  1. Well my goal is to improve my pool game such that I win at least 50% of the time. I'm working on it! I won one of the 2 games I played last night. The other goal is to learn to break decently. My breaks always suck and the pool balls don't spread out around the table like they need to. They stay in the upper half. It is harder than it looks to get a good break. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com