Monday, June 30, 2008

The most "off topic" post ever?

I would like to make it clear that I have no intention for this post to imply anything about Mary Kay at all.

It is off topic.

I get to do that because this is my blog. :D

I just got back from running. You know, exercising. I have been trying to do this more regularly. My dog (Meika) and I usually run together (as we did tonight). For about three months (give or take), we were running between 5 and 6 miles every morning. Then I got lazy for about a month.

She (Meika) is very good at giving me "that look" that says,

Meika: "Why don't we run anymore?"

Dave: "I know pups, we haven't run in a while have we? I have been REAL busy..."
(hoping she buys the "busy" line)

Meika: "Oh."

Meika: "Well we could run right now!"

Dave: "Sorry pups, now is just not a good time... maybe later."

Meika: "Later?! Like in an hour!?"

Dave: "mmm, not really... more like, 'not tonight'."

Meika: "Oh."

Meika: "Tomorrow than??!"

Dave: "I don't know, we will have to see when tomorrow comes..." (trailing off)

Meika: "Oh."

Meika: (((sad eyes)))

Meika: "OK"

So last night we ran (almost two miles - she gave up before I did)
And tonight we ran (a little better than three miles)

I feel SO good that I simply felt the need to share.

The salient points are these.

1. I ran past a food place. The kind where you can smell the food from the street. Normally, smelling the food would make me crave it. But it repulsed me. It was like the 'healthy' me was rejecting it on my behalf!

2. In place of the unhealthy, greasy food, I am craving water. Not flavored water. Not vitamin water. Water water. I am on my third tall glass of the cold, clear stuff. (not vodka... water.)

3. I sweat. It is still about 80 degrees outside right now (gotta love So Cal weather) so I was a sweaty mess when I got home. Sweating offers the wonderful feeling that impurities are being washed out of your body. Impurities like that panini sandwich I had for lunch. Not that the panini sandwich was impure, maybe just that tasty, cream-like filling that held the whole thing together.

So what is the point? I am not really sure.

Perhaps - "Exercise, it's not just good for you, it feels good too."

Or - "Here is a little something about me that you may not have known."

Or - "I have full conversations with my dog" (you can ask my wife about this one... she knows it's true!)

What does this have to do with Mary Kay?

Glad you asked.

But, I already told you... NOTHING.

Random enough for you?


2 comments:

  1. Great story. I used to run 4 miles a day-a long time ago! As for having conversations with your dog-me too! I miss those conversations! Aren't dogs the most wonderful pet and best friend. They are always there for us and always listen to what we have to say. They always agree with us too-no arguing back...most of the time-lol!

    Give Meika a big rub and hug from me!
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the pups!

    http://ihasahotdog.com/2008/01/14/oh-uh-hai/

    ReplyDelete

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com