Friday, September 26, 2008

What do Tough Financial Times mean for Mary Kay

New Feature Announcement



***MAJOR EDIT***



***

Please note, the full screenshot that I posted earlier is gone. It is replaced with something that could not possibly be construed as copyright infringement. I am out the door to take care of some other business. However, rest assured that a full explanation is forthcoming. Look for it, as well as my thoughts and what I plan to do about it, tomorrow.

Thank you and sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

***

Yesterday, "Shashew", a Balanced Mary Kay reader and commentator pointed out some of the frustrations many of the other readers of this site share. Specifically that every visit to that site is like a "vote" of approval as it gives the impression (to search engine spiders and the like) that people are going there as a source of information about Mary Kay. We, in what seems like a majority (based on the current poll), know that it is not. As has long been my contention, there would be no problem with them expressing their opinions if they were being presented as opinions. They are not. They are being presented as "facts" and "truths".

As many of you know, one of my goals in setting up this site was to create a forum that allowed opinions that disagree with the vehement anti-Mary Kay sentiment expressed on Pink Truth.

In light of all this, I am introducing a new feature that I hope will help ease these frustrations for all of my readers.

Starting today, I will begin posting full screen-shots of Pink Truth's daily blog. I will try to post each day's post the following morning. In other words, yesterday's post will be available today. Alternatively, every day you can read yesterday's Pink Truth post here.

By waiting one day to post the screen shot, you will be able to see the comments from that post. It seems that there is rarely conversation on a certain subject after the day that it appears, so this seems to be the best way to get the "feel" of the conversation about that topic.

Please alert anyone you know that has been frustrated in the past at Pink Truth's lack of transparency, tightly restrictive comment moderation, and frequent banning.

This is a place that they can come and see what Pink Truth is talking about and respond. If you are a Pink Truth reader, please consider this a much better place for you to leave your comments, as you will actually be able to engage in conversation with someone that will challenge your thinking and help you escape the anti-pink-fog that has been created on Pink Truth.

Consider this. If all the people that visit Pink Truth daily - wishing that they could leave a comment but knowing they will be banned if they say anything - would visit this site instead, Pink Truth might just be pressured to allow other points of view and offer a more accurate depiction of Mary Kay.

Now, without any further delay, here is yesterdays Pink Truth post:

(hint, click on the link below to see the post)



Not sure how this will look, so we will work on it as we go. Please don't forget to leave your own comments after you read it.

If you are having trouble seeing the image below, you can either click on the image or the following link - Pink Truth talks about Mary Kay

9.25


Ok, there you have it. Be sure to leave your comments. Also, don't hesitate to tell me what you think of this new feature. If I can keep up, I will do this daily.

If you have not created a profile yet, I encourage you to give it a shot so that you can join the conversation.

4 comments:

  1. I cant see it dave..
    however one of the reasons I refuse to go to PT is because i dont want to contribute to the hits that she will claim that her site gets so I agree with you there. However it is necessary to know what is being said over there in order to addressit. So I can see the need for adding the screen shots, at least people will be able to read the articles and hear both sides

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, just want to say "THANK YOU!" I couldn't see it in your original post, but the link to the picture did work for me. I appreciate that from now on I won't need to go there to read the hate-speech.

    Now that I've read the post and responses...I think it's very sad that people who could really make some cash to help with the bills will be dissuaded by this post.

    I will admit that when you get the cash and checks from your customers, it's extremely tempting to take it all and use all of it towards bills, instead of being fiscally responsible and paying down some if not all of the business costs. It's also easy to not put money aside for business expenses such as catalog mailings. But if you are disciplined in running your business, you'll be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahhhaaaaa

    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened, oh this is just too sweet. :)

    Boy, can one find a better example of the pot calling the kettle black??

    hahhhahaaahahhahahhaaa

    oops, sorry must be overtired, David hury up and post, I can't wait to read your post.

    (because I could be wrong in my thinking, huh, not!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your patience.

    The explanation for the suddenly removed content can be found by following this link ->Pink Truth Threatens Balanced Mary Kay with Copyright "Violation" and "Infringement".

    Please take a look and let me know what you think.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com