Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What are the rules about selling online?

The only website we can use to sell online is the marykay.com website. From there websites we can link that but must be extremely careful with what we put with the link. Because I don't want to take a chance on not stating something accurately, if you are a consultant, I strongly suggest visiting www.marykayintouch.com and go to Legalease - everything is covered in there on what we can and can not do.

As far as other forms of advertising, newspapers, etc... the Company has tons of Company approved Ad slicks we can use. We can not creat our own (with a few self made ones I have seen, I am glad the Company is strict about this because what one person may think loks professional may not the same for someone else. A few years ago before we could order the great looking facial boxes from MK Connections I saw a self made one in a store and was embarrassed for the consultant, it looked like a first grade art class project. It is not the image, I would want to portray. I realize that a big complain on pt is always "we can advertise out business, but that isn't true at all. We just must use the Company approved ad slicks.

I will also like to add that advertising can be expensive and contrary to what everyone thinks, just because you run an ad in the paper doesn't mean your phone will start ringing off the hook, it doesn't... The absolute best form of advertising is - referals from your satisfied clients and believe me, when your clients are happy, they talk and their friends call.

If you can't find the answers you are looking for on intouch, a quick call to the Mary Kay Legal Department will get you the answers that you need. They are great to work with and very helpful. So protect yourself and your business... when in doubt - double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com