Friday, November 12, 2010

A Veteran's Story


This is a true story from someone I know and as I read it and the tears streamed down my face, I just had to pass it on. We often get so hung up on little things, that often important things slip by. This is not about MK - it is just about life. I hope it moves you as much as it moved me. Personally, I have one son in Afghastan now and one on the way.

and.. thank you to all our service men and woman who risk their lives every day to insure ours. God Bless you and your family.

I had a opportunity about 2 months ago to welcome back a young marine who stepped on a IED in Afghanistan. He was from Jacksonville Florida. His father picked him up from Walter Reed hospital and drove him back to his home in Jacksonville. He lost his left leg above the knee, his right leg, and his left arm. His name was Tyler Southern.

I heard about his return through the local media. As a former military veteran I felt the need to welcome this young man home. There were about 700 to 1000 motorcycles present at the Ga/ FL welcome center. Everyone at the welcome home event waved an American Flag. I had a new U.S.S FLORIDA hat that I bought from the ships store of the U.S.S Florida while it we being repaired at our repair facility here at Kings Bay Naval Base. I took off a few hours from work that day and drove to the GA/FL welcome center. It was quite a site to see. Old glory was everywhere..

His father pulled into the welcome center with Tyler. He had his wheel chair in the back of the truck. He stopped right in front of me. His windows were tinted very dark. Tyler rolled down his window and had had the biggest smile on his face. I handed him the hat from the submarine U.S.S. Florida and a small American Flag. He gave me hug saying " Thank you", I replied "no thank you for your service and god bless you" . He replied "I have one good arm for hugging ", he then gave me another hug with his one remaining limb. If anyone is fortunate to experience something like this we need to realize what our veterans really do for us.

As a veteran of our armed forces I felt it my privilege and duty to welcome home this young man who so proudly served his country. He and his family will have a tough road ahead. With all our thoughts and prayers I hope he and all have been injured will be blessed.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD BLESS all our Vets and Military

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Further Reading...

This Week On Pink Truth - Click Here
Pros and Cons of Mary Kay - Read or Contribute or Both!
First Post - Why I Started This Blog
The Article I Wrote For ScamTypes.com (here) (there)
If this is your first visit please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!
If you want to email me: balancedmarykay@gmail.com
But you are probably better emailing mk4me: mk4me2@gmail.com